Thursday, August 6, 2009

Anyone Know What Day It Is?

It's Hiroshima Day! Time to stir the shit. Strategic bombing is, well... very strategic. "Hey, our soldiers and your soldiers are killing each other, but it's taking too long, so we're gonna start bombing your wives, children, fathers and mothers. Suck it bad guys!" And so we have Dresden, Tokyo, and finally Hiroshima, 64 years ago. Then again, we've been making war on civilians since Sherman burned, looted, and raped his way through Georgia.

If you can find it, I recommend this book, and also this article ... and this one.

From Will Grigg on the tazing of a pregnant woman, and other insignificant behaviors.

Also, I love hummingbirds.

That's all I've got for now. There's a post on education coming up that I'm nearly finished with, as well as some half-remembered ideas creeping around inside the cobwebs of my brain.


Anima Christi, sanctifica me

No comments:

Post a Comment