Sunday, September 27, 2009

Peace, Maybe

I have trod the upward and the downward slope;
I have endured and done in days before;
I have longed for all, and bid farewell to hope;
And I have lived and loved, and closed the door.


No reason, I just like that poem. Well, maybe there is a reason, but don't go fussing about specifics, 'cause specific it ain't. If I'd written that, maybe you could pin deep meanings on me, but I didn't.

Remember, if you keep your chin up you're liable to get knocked out, but if you keep your head down you're sure going to miss something beautiful along the way. Temptations and oppressions are a grace, for they drive us closer to God. We cannot withstand without his aid, and in the dying fire of strength he blows on a smoldering flame and gives us the courage to carry on... but first we must open our hands and cry, "It is enough, I have nothing more. Help."

No comments:

Post a Comment