Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Prayer After the Eucharist

I found this some time ago in the 1962 Missal. You may recognize the first line from being appended to some of my posts (a practice I have neglected lately). If you were ever curious where that line came from, now you know.

Anima Christi, sanctifica me
Corpus Christi, salva me
Sanguis Christi, inebria me
Aqua lateris Christi, lava me
Passio Christi, conforta me
O bone Jesu, exaudi me
Intra tua vulnera absconde me
Ne permittas me separari a te
Ab hoste maligno defende me
In hora mortis meae voca me
Et jube me venire ad te
Ut cum sanctis tuis laudem te
In saecula saeculorum
Amen

(Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me
Blood of Christ, inebriate me
Water from the side of Christ, wash me
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
Oh good Jesus hear me
Within your wounds hide me
Do not let me be separated from thee
From the malignant enemy defend me
In the hour of my death call me
And bid me come unto thee
With thy saints to praise thee
For ever and ever
Amen)

1 comment:

  1. *sigh*

    (that's a peaceful sigh, in case you were curious.)

    ReplyDelete